Wednesday, December 7, 2011

My Favorite Book as a Kid

   When I was younger my favorite book was probably The Lorax.  The Lorax was my favorite book because it had fun illustrations, a meaningful story (to me), and the characters made me laugh.  It made me feel sad that the Lorax had to kick himself out of his home that the Seller killed.
   I remember that I brought it into my kindergarten class, and my teacher asked me to read it to the class.  I felt so ridiculously proud that I was a good enough reader to read to my classmates.  After reading the book I fairly glowed.
   The book still holds a special place in my heart, even now.  It was such a large part of my kindergarten year.  It made me feel I, a puny little 6-year old at the time, like I could change the world.  It also inspired me to love reading, and want to be an author, which I still do to this day.

No comments:

Post a Comment