Monday, April 23, 2012

Baby's First Words

   My mom's first words were her favorite food, french fries.  It wasn't mama or dada or anything easy.  She said french fries.  While this was odd, her parents probably could have ignored it if she hadn't said it all the time.  When her mom asked her anything the answer would be french fries.  Sometimes this was really funny.  Even when she learned a few more words it was her primary word.
   One day my grandmother decided to ask my mom a few questions to get her to stop saying french fries all the time.
   "Dana, who am I?" she asked.
   "French fries!" my mom screamed.
   "Who am I?" she stressed.
   "French fries!"
   No matter what she said my mom wouldn't say anything else.  It was bizarre that such a difficult word would be her first, and none of us have any reason available to explain it.

No comments:

Post a Comment