Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Ant Peanut Butter

   A leg jabbed into my side bringing me out of my peaceful slumber. The leg was my Mommom's. I had spent the night at her house with two of my cousins. My stomach growled hungrily.
   My Mommom had always been a light sleeper so she woke up when I tried to get out. I smiled sheepishly.
   "Well, since I'm awake I'll make you some breakfast." she said.
     It turned out that my cousins had already woken up and were snacking on peanut butter and crackers. It looked pretty good so I decided to have some.
   Then I noticed the small black things in the peanut butter. I peered into the peanut butter jar. The orangey-brown color of the peanut butter was speckled with black chunks. I realized they were ants.
  "Um...there are ants in the peanut butter." I hesitantly said.
   My cousins gaped at me. The younger one gagged slightly. The other other one ran to the bathroom. Suddenly, I was thankful that I had woken up last.

No comments:

Post a Comment