Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What Do You Want to be Remembered For?

  Everyone seems to want to be famous because they want to believe that their life is extra special compared to others. In other words they want to be remembered for something good. They want to make an impact. I'd like to think that I'm different. I don't care whether I'm remembered or not. All I want is to do what I love regardless of people noticing. I love writing and so that's what I'm going to do.
  I think it's really shallow of people to do something for money or so that they feel special. Your special enough as you are and I personally don't need people to remember me to be able to tell that. If you do I believe you should work on it. 
  Another thing that bugs me is that most people want to be celebrities. All those people watching you makes me shudder. Being remembered is definitly NOT worth that. Privacy is a necessity, in my book.

I'm nobody! Who are you?
Are you nobody, too?
Then there's a pair of us — don't tell!
They'd banish us, you know.

How dreary to be somebody!
How public, like a frog
To tell your name the livelong day
To an admiring bog!

                  - Emily Dickinson

1 comment: