Monday, September 12, 2011

Finished

   My story sat in front of me on college ruled paper.  I twirled my pen restlessly, and occasional chewed on the end.  Was it done?  Was it? I couldn't decide.  There was a beginning, middle, and end.  the conflict was done, but it seemed to be missing something.  I didn't have anything left to say, did I?
   That was my dilemma.  How could I be sure that my story was at an end?  I had no choice, so I went to someone for help.
   "So, what do you think?" I asked after they had read it.
   "It's good, but the ending isn't quite right." they said.
   "Yeah, I know."
   I pondered over my issue for a few hours.  Then, I got bored.  Maybe doing something different would help.  I read a great book, and went back to my story.  I read through it twice, and suddenly I knew.  I just knew what I needed.  As I wrote the last sentence I realized I was trying too hard.  What I had needed was something straight from my heart.  I had nothing left to say.  I was finished.  

No comments:

Post a Comment