Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Sun Poisoning

   I hate sunscreen.  It could possibly be one of the most foul substances on Earth.  I honestly could never see a really good reason to wear it.  I never burned.
   Then came the sunniest day of the year.  It was the kind of day that you were sure that the sun was laughing at your pain.  I completely forgot about sunscreen, and I was at the beach.  The whole day I swam, and played in the sand without a care.
   Later that night, as we were driving home, I felt a horrible pain in my face.  It felt as if it was on fire, and when I touched it my hands were almost burned.  I tried to ignore it, but we were only half way there and I couldn't even pretend that I was fine.  So, I mentioned it.
   When we got home and my mom took a good look at my face she looked a little pale.  My skin was bubbling up into painful blisters, and soon almost my whole face was just one huge awful blister.  I couldn't go outside for a week without my face burning more than it already was.  It took two and a half weeks to finally get the last of the peeling skin off of me.  Needless to say I try to wear sunscreen in the summer now.  But, I still hate it.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment