Friday, January 27, 2012

Stopped

   Sweat was pouring into my eyes, stinging them.  I blinked in the scorching sun, and the air looked blurry.  
I was standing on third base, waiting for Carol to hit the baseball.  I needed one good hit to get to home base.
   Tom stretched back and pitched the baseball at Carol.  She shifted in place, and swung.  Strike!  The next ball flew towards her, and she swung.  Strike!  The last ball curved slowly to Carol, but she missed...again. Strike!  
   I fumed furiously.  How dare Carol miss all three balls!  She had stopped me from making a fantastic triumph.  The whole team glared at her angrily.  I could tell that everyone was thinking exactly like I was.  I felt a small amount of pity towards her, but not nearly enough to actually comfort her.   It was her own fault.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment